(EXTERNAL) [board-unyoc] Re: UNYOC Board August Update

Cristina Pope popec at upstate.edu
Thu Aug 15 08:21:56 EDT 2019

Hmmm

MaryJo

I received the Aug. 5th update and I believe I have completed my
responsibilities :)

The 5 names ... I didn’t see the names in the Aug. 5 email. Are these
people with whom Board members work? If so, we can nag. If not, perhaps
a phone call? This is a horrible time of year to contact people though
... everyone is on vacation!

Not sure about the open positions. Perhaps, share the current UNYOC
roster with us and we can all look for members whom we think can be
successful in those roles?

Cristina

>>> VBMClibrary <vbmclibrary at gmail.com> 08/15/19 8:03 AM >>>
Hello Everyone,
A UNYOC Board update was sent out on August 5th - did you all receive
it?
3 things:
1. Please let me know where you are in your various responsibilities
and/or
follow-ups. Any assistance needed?
2. Five names were given to me of members who indicated they'd like to
get
involved with UNYOC.  I sent out detailed emails to all five and have
heard...nothing.  I've also sent follow-up emails and still...nothing.
??
3. We have two positions still open come October - treasurer and
parliamentarian.  All other open positions have a nominee to present to
the
membership for a vote of confirmation.  These two are probably the most
difficult to fill due to the expertise needed.  Tomorrow I will send out
call for nominations to the UNYOC-L listserv.  Any comments or
suggestions
before I send it out?

Regards,
Mary Jo

Mary Jo Russell, MLS, AHIP
Knowledge Resources Library & Archives
Vassar Brothers Medical Center/Nuvance Health
vbmclibrary at gmail.com
Office: 845-437-3121

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 10:11 AM VBMClibrary <vbmclibrary at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> Is it really August already??!!
> 1. Ok, I promised at the end of the June board meeting that I would
"nag"
> about making sure you all updated your section of the procedure
manual.
> All of the updates submitted so far have been passed along to Lorraine
> compile.  She is working to get the edits done by around September 1st
and
> then we can review the draft.  Our goal is to approve the revised
edition
> of the procedure manual at our Board meeting in October.  Still need
> submit your edits?  Yes, and I will get mine to Lorraine this week. ��
> 2. We have the following positions still open - treasurer and
> parliamentarian.
> 3. Rather than reinvent what's already stated, I'd like to propose we
> simply adopt the MLA statement of appropriate conduct that also
contains a
> diversity statement.  See attached.  If ok with all of you, we can put
it
> out to the membership and vote on it at the October meeting.
> Any other updates anyone would like to share?
> Thanks for your continued support and attention to our wonderful
Chapter.