[board-unyoc] UNYOC update from the Chair

VBMClibrary vbmclibrary at gmail.com
Mon May 13 13:54:39 EDT 2019

Hello Everyone,
For those of you who went to MLA, welcome back!  For those of us who didn't
go, it's been a quiet week, professionally speaking.  That is not to say we
haven't been busy with our day jobs, of course!

And now for the very long message from your chair . . .

If you have not yet heard, Deb Chiarella, our immediate past chair, is
stepping away from the health sciences library world and into the music
library world at the University of Buffalo.  Please feel free to send her
well-wishes: dtc3 at buffalo.edu We certainly will miss her muchly!!

The following positions have terms ending in 2019 for which we will need to
fill:
1. Treasurer (voted)
2. Communications co-chair (appointed)
3. Membership co-chair (appointed)
4. MLA Credentialing (appointed)
5. Conference Planning co-chair (appointed)
Any suggestions?

Kim Nolan has agreed to a second 2-year term as our secretary (thank
you!).  Deborah Crooke has agreed to extend her term by 1 year so that the
three members-at-large will have overlapping terms (thank you!).  Any
others who would be willing to either extend their term or re-up for a
second term, please contact me as soon as possible.

Since one of the major projects Deb C. took on is the updating of the
procedure manual, this will need to be re-delegated.  Would anyone be
interested in taking on this task?  It is a matter of gathering all of our
updates together and creating an updated document for us to review at the
June Exec meeting.  No small task, but one that doesn't involve traveling
or losing sleep.
*P.S. - For those of us still working on our edits, keep in mind this is a
great opportunity to streamline and simplify so that those of us solos can
actually handle all of the expectations reasonably well.*

I am in contact with Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel for 2020.  Target dates of
October 28-30, 2020. If that doesn't work out we "locals" will work on an
Albany venue.  We are well on the way for an excellent conference in
Watkins Glen, with two speakers secured and exhibitors already eagerly
making their reservations.  Please make every effort to plan on attending.

More updates to come . . . see you all on June 24th!

Regards,
Mary Jo
Exec Chair, UNYOC

Mary Jo Russell, MLS, AHIP
Knowledge Resources Library & Archives
Vassar Brothers Medical Center/Health Quest
vbmclibrary at gmail.com
845-437-3121
Regards,
Mary Jo