[BURNECHO] ECHO CME Information, Requirements and Updates

Deidre Keefe KeefeD at upstate.edu
Tue Jan 4 18:52:47 EST 2022

Hello,

I know I am always thanking you all for your attendance, time and participation in our ECHOs…and I mean it!

All of the attendance and participation has led to a lot on my plate (the BEST problem you can have!). Lately, I have been receiving a lot questions about CMEs, transcripts, ETC.  Below is an outline of our offered CMEs, what you need to do to claim them, how to request a transcript, timeframes, etc.  It is my plan that in the coming weeks to add all of this information to its own tab on our website.

AMA-PRA Category 1 CME

  *   These are what we offer for all clinics.  They are not supported by all credentialing bodies, but are often counted as an attendance credit.  If you are unsure if they will count for you, please check with your accrediting body.

  *   To receive a transcript of your claimed CMEs you will need to email me and request one.  To receive a CME you need attend the ECHO session, and then complete the CME survey (one for each clinic you attend).
     *   I only put the attendance in with the CME office at the end of each month.  It usually takes them about a week from there to get it all uploaded into their system.  So, if you attend a clinic at the beginning of the month, it is going to be about a month before I can provide you a transcript showing that clinic.

  *   I am not able to alter attendance records more than a month old.  So if you fill out a CME form for a clinic that took place months ago, I cannot update that credit.

EMS/EMT Credits

  *   These are provided through CNYEMS.  To obtain these credits you must attend the ECHO session and then fill out the specific EMS/EMT CME survey/form.  I wait 1-2 days and then send the attendance record over to CNYEMS and they will send on your credit to the email you provided in the survey.

  *   Currently, these credits are ONLY AVAILABLE FOR OUR BURN ECHO.  I cannot provide these credits for any of the other ECHO clinics at this time.

  *   Also, these credits are only available to those in NYS.

Nursing CMEs

  *   I am working to be able to offer these in the next few months.  When these begin it will not be all clinics to start.

Well…that’s a good start!  Thanks for everything – we have given out over 1,400 CMEs so far!

Thanks!
Deidre

Deidre Keefe (she/her), MS, CHES
Project Manager, ECHO