[BURNECHO] Virtual Healthcare Transformation Grand Rounds - Physician Suicide
KeefeD at upstate.edu
Wed May 4 16:01:08 EDT 2022
While this is not an ECHO I was asked to share the below information about an upcoming Virtual Healthcare Transformation Grand Rounds. This information was shared with me by the CMO of Upstate, Amy Tucker, MD, MHCM.
Upstate University Hospital will host a virtual Healthcare Transformation Grand Rounds presentation entitled “Physician Suicide: Reconceptualizing “Do No Harm” on Wednesday, May 11, from noon – 1:30 pm. All professions and specialties are invited to attend.
The presentation will include a showing of the film “Do No Harm” followed by a panel discussion featuring:
· Jarrod Bagatell, MD - Director, Employee/Student Health
· Leslie Kohman, MD, FACS – Chief Wellness Officer
· Seethalakshmi Ramanathan, MD, MPA – Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
· Kaushal Nanavati, MD – Assistant Dean for Wellness
· Thomas Schwartz, MD – Chair, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
In the United States, the rate of death by suicide among physicians is higher than the general population. It is estimated that 300-400 physicians die by suicide every year. Despite the high prevalence of suicide, mental illness and suicide among physicians and healthcare workers remain under-recognized.
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants will be able to:
· Recognize the prevalence of suicide risk among current and future physicians
· Describe risk factors for suicidal crises among physicians
· Discuss mitigation strategies and local resources that are available for physicians experiencing mental health problems.
CME credits are being offered. Advance registration is required: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://upstate.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcsf-urqDgtHNJX-5ehIjWGdPYH0yEX6QNA__;!!GobTDDpD7A!NxWMjrRH4X8mR3CEN0y_INPQCquJwlz_PqJ3uMrE7x2iuLL_Nrw7SnKnX1nQxODhvLCOMkiM2YBT7WxMqoNtRDYYCQ$ . After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Amy Tucker, MD, MHCM
Chief Medical Officer
Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, College of Medicine
Deidre Keefe (she/her), MS, CHES
Project Manager, ECHO
Office of the President
Phone: 315.464.7861/315.481.5620 (C)
keefed at upstate.edu<mailto:keefed at upstate.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the burnecho