[CNYRTC] APPLY TODAY! Basic and Advanced Disaster Life Support INSTRUCTOR COURSE - sponsored by URMC FLRTC and SUNY Upstate

Maureen Guinta GuintaM at upstate.edu
Tue Nov 1 08:55:23 EDT 2022

Good morning everyone,
We are excited to announce that the SUNY Upstate RTC and the URMC FLRTC are sponsoring an BDLS/ADLS instructor course. Please see the information below on how to apply for the course if you are interested in becoming an instructor.
Thanks,
Maureen Guinta
PLEASE FORWARD AS APPROPRIATE
The National Disaster Life Support (NDLSF) Comprehensive Training Center at the University of Rochester Medical Center - Finger Lakes Regional Training Center and the future NDLSF Regional Training Center at SUNY Upstate (application pending) are teaming up to provide a Basic and Advanced Disaster Life Support Instructor Course to increase our instructor cadre for NDLSF courses.  As such, we are looking for experienced instructor candidates in the Western, Central and Capital District Region to participate in this FREE training opportunity.  Candidates from MARO region are also welcome to apply, but we recognize that travel requirements and expenses may be a barrier as courses will be held in WR and CNY.

BDLS/ADLS INSTRUCTOR CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS

  *   Attended BDLS in the past 3 years OR will attend upcoming Virtual BDLS (tentatively scheduled for March 7-8, 2023 @ 8:30am-12:30pm)
  *   Attended ADLS in the past 3 years OR will attend upcoming 2 day ADLS scheduled late April/early May 2023 (in Rochester or Syracuse)
  *   Attend 1/2 day Virtual Instructor Course (mid May 2023)

BDLS/ADLS INSTRUCTOR EXPECTATIONS
The NDLSF Instructor Course qualifies you to teach Core (CDLS)<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.ndlsf.org/cdls__;!!GobTDDpD7A!IZWqNpm74klHnM-QYckkHFYL9e_L265KgfYG753DZ_AzTF0eFscaKXDX3QWcaiNzvac2HtSaQo4v74GrGGm7I9j64YQbFHkU_g$>, Basic (BDLS)<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.ndlsf.org/bdls__;!!GobTDDpD7A!IZWqNpm74klHnM-QYckkHFYL9e_L265KgfYG753DZ_AzTF0eFscaKXDX3QWcaiNzvac2HtSaQo4v74GrGGm7I9j64YQPlSxutg$> and Advanced Disaster Life Support (ADLS)<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.ndlsf.org/adls__;!!GobTDDpD7A!IZWqNpm74klHnM-QYckkHFYL9e_L265KgfYG753DZ_AzTF0eFscaKXDX3QWcaiNzvac2HtSaQo4v74GrGGm7I9j64YT6wrKaxg$> for a certified NDLSF regional or comprehensive training center.   It is the expectation that all new instructors will teach a lecture and/or skill station at a URMC or UPSTATE sponsored BDLS/ADLS course within 2 years of receiving Instructor Certification.  SUNY Upstate plans to provide your first opportunity to complete this requirement in June 2023.  Once completed, you may be eligible to receive a speaker payment while instructing for URMC or Upstate given the following conditions are met:

  1.  You have been SUCCESSFULLY monitored by the NDLSF Training Center Program Director or a Lead Instructor in at least one lecture (BDLS) and/or one lecture or skill station (ADLS)
  2.  You are not utilizing paid work time to instruct at a course.  A speaker payment attestation signed by the Instructor and a supervisor will be required.
If you are interested in teaching with us, please complete the Instructor Candidate Application and upload your CV/Resume by November 30, 2022: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NDLSF_InstructorCandidateApplication__;!!GobTDDpD7A!KAq9ah7uWPAD5tCBKS8K-x490ct-cVbiWnReD-lAjoLQ1ZRLlzvAplXwr4ogvCvhUB0s62OOnbyAOgR5GL9IKGq7eg$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.surveymonkey.com/r/NDLSF_InstructorCandidateApplication__;!!GobTDDpD7A!IZWqNpm74klHnM-QYckkHFYL9e_L265KgfYG753DZ_AzTF0eFscaKXDX3QWcaiNzvac2HtSaQo4v74GrGGm7I9j64YQ7PGGvqA$>
NOTE:  The instructor candidate application can be PREVIEWED HERE<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.urmc.rochester.edu/MediaLibraries/URMCMedia/flrtc/documents/BDLS_ADLS-InstructorCandidateApplication_SURVEY-SAMPLE.pdf__;!!GobTDDpD7A!IZWqNpm74klHnM-QYckkHFYL9e_L265KgfYG753DZ_AzTF0eFscaKXDX3QWcaiNzvac2HtSaQo4v74GrGGm7I9j64YQ1gPZDhQ$>
We will review applications in early December and notify selected instructor candidates of next steps.

Anne M. D'Angelo, RN, MS
Program Director, Finger Lakes Regional Training Center
Supporting the Western Region Health Emergency Preparedness Coalition (WRHEPC)
University of Rochester Medical Center
Phone: (585) 758-7642 Fax: (585) 756-5098
anne_dangelo at urmc.rochester.edu<mailto:anne_dangelo at urmc.rochester.edu>

Website:  WRHEPC.URMC.EDU<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.urmc.rochester.edu/emergency-preparedness.aspx__;!!GobTDDpD7A!IZWqNpm74klHnM-QYckkHFYL9e_L265KgfYG753DZ_AzTF0eFscaKXDX3QWcaiNzvac2HtSaQo4v74GrGGm7I9j64YThUD6wBQ$>

For email notifications regarding educational opportunities, please subscribe to the FLRTC-HPP listserv<mailto:listserv at lists.rochester.edu?subject=Subscribe%20FLRTC-HPP&body=Subscribe%20FLRTC-HPP%20firstname%20lastname>
NOTE:  In the email body, substitute firstname lastname with your first and last name.

[cid:image003.png at 01D83EC9.C7A975F0]