[epicproviders] Epigram

epicproviders at lists.upstate.edu epicproviders at lists.upstate.edu
Tue Sep 3 15:47:29 EDT 2019

Epigram
September 3, 2019
Fall Upgrade

Our next large Epic upgrade will be this October. This upgrade is designed to save clicks and page flips. It will better summarize and tell the story of your patient. Accomplishing this requires a large visual change to the Epic screen. Th is is the first significant visual change in several updates. The patient header will be retired and, instead, the material will be presented in a “Storyboard” down the left side of the screen. Activity buttons move to where the header was.

The Storyboard summarizes your patient and can change with context (specialty, location, etc). It saves clicks by dynamically showing you important information and allowing you to easily edit that information in an efficient manner.

To learn about this change and other updates in this upgrade, please keep and eye our for the many sessions and tips pages that are coming in then next few weeks.

As always, feel free to reach out to me with any questions!
From the office of the CMIO
Neal Seidberg, MD
seidbern at upstate.edu
315-464-7507