[epicproviders] Epigram: Issue Update- Dragon.

Epic - All Provider Staff epicproviders at lists.upstate.edu
Thu Mar 23 10:29:59 EDT 2023

Issue update: PowerMic (app) for Dragon

Some users have been experiencing issues with Dragon when using the PowerMic app on their phones. Users have seen disconnections, freezing, and button dysfunction. We consider this a high-level problem because dictation through Dragon is a preferred documentation method for many colleagues. We have elevated the issue with Nuance (the company for Dragon) and are actively working with them to devise a solution as fast as possible.

Until a fix is implemented, the following actions can temporarily help.

  1.  If possible, switch to using a handheld or another physical microphone. You can also choose the option “Microphone Array,” which will use the built-in microphone on the computer/device.
  2.  Ensure your device is fully updated and the PowerMic software is the latest version. Update through your app store.
  3.  Temporarily, if the app unpairs, log out of the application entirely and then log back in. This has been shown to work for some users but is not a permanent fix.

We are sensitive to the importance of this software and have given this issue the highest priority. If you have problems, please feel free to reach out to the help desk for assistance from the Dragon team.