[util] Stairwell closure.

Thomas Slater SLATERT at upstate.edu
Thu Feb 22 11:58:40 EST 2024

Stairwell #3 located in University Hospital Main Lobby across from the Main Elevators will have a running closure for the next two weeks starting on February 26th  from 7AM to 3 PM.

In an effort to upgrade the power in the IMT closets,  the contractor will need to access the chase in stairwell 3.

This is what you can expect:

Starting on the 8th floor no access to or from the stairwell will be available while electrical work is going on.  You will need to exit onto 7 if coming up from below and use alternate avenues.(i.e. elevators or other stairwells)

You will be able to walk past the work area in the stairwell but won’t be able to enter or exit the stairwell through the door.  The door area is where the work is.

Once the work on 8 is finished we will open that door and move to the next lower floor and start over closing 7 until we reach the basement.  We are planning on doing two floors a day depending on the number of holes that need to be drilled.

Once all the coring is finished we will then have to pull the cable starting this procedure over again.

Physical Plant
Maintenance Operations Center
Room UH-1806

Email:  mocenter at upstate.edu
Phone:  X 4-4230
Facsimile:  X 4-4711

Normal hours of operation:
Monday through Friday, 07:00 - 16:30

[cid:25a0e42c-1d06-438f-b6b4-bac1e4ead97e]