[util] Fire Alarm Testing - East wing and tower

Anne Hodges HodgesA at upstate.edu
Fri Mar 1 13:46:37 EST 2024

Annual Fire Alarm Test : East Wing/East Tower

TO:                 East Wing/East Tower

FROM:           Physical Plant Services

SUB.:              Annual Fire Alarm Test

  East Wing/East Tower

                       Wednesday March 6, 2024

DATE:                        March 1, 2024

Testing Start Date:    March 6, 2024 @ 6:00am

Physical Plant staff will be conducting an annual fire alarm test from 6:00am-6:30am on Wednesday March 6, 2024, in the East Wing/East Tower.

What to expect:

*         On the morning of Wednesday March 6, 2024, at 5:55am we will do an overhead page and Vocera message alerting staff that we will be starting a fire alarm test.

*         At 6:00 we will begin the fire alarm test.

*         As soon as the fire alarm test starts, all bells, horns, and strobes will be activated as well as all the fire doors closing.

*         We will have staff on all floors checking to see if all devices are working properly.

*         The testing could take up to 30 min to complete.

If you have any questions or require clarification of this notice, please contact Stu Hatzinger at (315) 920-2584.