[geriecho] Weekly ECHO Schedule - Week of 5.8.23

Deidre Keefe KeefeD at upstate.edu
Fri May 5 10:44:41 EDT 2023

Hi all!

Just a few things for this dreary Friday…

Next week we have two clinics (Schedule attached) –

Wed 5/10 – Stress Management – Survivorship ECHO

THURSDAY 5/11 (DIFFERENT DAY!!) EM ECHO – Improving Trauma Care – The Revised 2021 Trauma Triage Guideline
*Please note the Thursday session – NOT Tuesday!

As a reminder we do not have a BURN ECHO in the month of May.

Also, our REACH team (who do our Mental Health ECHOs) wanted to bring to your attention a new program for the community – flyer attached!

Highlights:

  *   Program: Motivational Interviewing for Nicotine Dependence (MIND)
  *   When: Starting online in June 2023, already recruiting patients now
  *   Description: Primarily a training program - medical students will be the primary therapists under real time video supervision by Dr. Meszaros, other faculty and residents/therapists.
  *   Who to refer: Please consider referring patients who have access to smartphone/internet and are thinking about cutting back or quitting smoking or vaping.
  *   How to refer: The patients need to e-mail Dr. Meszaros at meszaroz at upstate.edu<mailto:meszaroz at upstate.edu> their name, date of birth and phone number.
  *   Eligibility: Everyone over 18 who lives in NY state and currently smoking or vaping or chewing tobacco is eligible. They do not need to be ready to quit.
  *   Incentives: Patients will receive $20 after the first visit, then a chance to win a $200 Amazon gift card.

Deidre Keefe (she/her), MS, CHES
Project Manager, ECHO
Office of the President
Phone: 315.464.7861/315.481.5620 (C)