[util] ELECTRICAL POWER NOTICE

Kimberly J. Austin AustinK at upstate.edu
Mon Jul 25 11:03:40 EDT 2022

ELECTRICAL POWER NOTICE FOR

Downtown Campus Buildings

TO:                 All Departments with Space in UH, East Wing, East Tower, CWB, Weiskotten Hall Addition, Weiskotten Hall, NAB, Clark, CAB, and Jacobsen Hall

FROM:           Tim O'Hara

                          Director of Physical Plant

SUBJECT:      Electric Power Interruptions for UH, East Wing, East Tower, CWB, Weiskotten Hall Addition, Weiskotten Hall, NAB, Clark, CAB, and Jacobsen Hall. 5:00 am to 7:00 am Saturday August 6, 2022 and if needed Sunday August 7, 2022
DATE:            July 25, 2022

In order to perform preventive maintenance on our Substation, one of our incoming National Grid feeders will be switched off line. We will be conducting switching to building feeds listed below between the hours of 5 am to 7 am. and again, later in the afternoon once work is complete. This will cause power losses from 1 to 10 seconds while we do switching. Emergency power circuits will see a loss similar to generator testing both in the morning and again in the afternoon. Not all areas are affected in the afternoon. If switching can not occur Saturday afternoon we will conduct switching Sunday morning starting at 5:00 am.

***East Wing- Please use OR's 3, 5, and 8 prior to switching and until an all clear is given in the morning.  MRI #2 and CT #1 will also be impacted and should be shut down during switching.

This is what you can expect to happen starting at 5:00 a.m. and again sometime in the afternoon once work is complete. Not all areas will be impacted in the afternoon.

Weiskotten Hall Addition, Weiskotten Hall, Medical Library, and NAB; Some of the normal power circuits will lose power for 1-10 seconds while we conduct switching in the morning. Emergency power will see a loss similar to monthly generator testing. The elevators in WHA will also be affected during the times we transfer power.

Clark Hall, CAB, and Jacobsen; All normal power will go off line at 6:00 AM Saturday and will come back on at approx. 5:00 PM...These buildings will be on emergency power only during this time.

UH, CWB, East Wing and East Tower; Will experience a loss of some of your normal power circuits for 1 to 10 seconds while we conduct switching. Emergency power circuits will see a loss similar to monthly generator testing. We will attempt to switch back in the afternoon once work is complete. If we can not do to activities in the buildings we will do switching Sunday morning at 5:00 am.

Please turn down (low fan speed and warmer thermostat settings) all non-patient care/research window air conditioners and any other unnecessary administrative power users (computers, coffee pots, etc.) for the day.  This helps limit the amount of electrical loading that has to be switched and served by each building's alternate system.
Other buildings (Cancer Center, Setnor, Gama Knife, Silverman etc.) are not affected.
If you have any questions, please contact Aaron Petty, of Physical Plant, at 315-956-9056