[LabUpdates] Laboratory Formulary Committee Updates - Change from Gold to Light Green collection tubes for chemistry samples

Matthew Elkins ElkinsM at upstate.edu
Mon Apr 4 14:07:08 EDT 2022

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D8482C.D01752E0]
Medicine and laboratory testing are constantly changing. In an attempt to keep us all on the same page, the Laboratory Formulary Committee will be regularly sending out emails with recent updates and guidances. Below is the short version of the relevant change.

Change from Gold Top tubes to Light Green Top tubes for Chemistry Testing: We have been able to obtain enough Light Green Top tubes (and our supply of Gold Top tubes is becoming critically low) such that we can transition back to using the Light Green Top tubes for most chemistry testing.  Starting April 11, Light Green Top tubes should be used for all appropriate testing.  Instructions for which tube to use for each assay will be updated in Collection Manager and Epic.  Continued critical judgement is encouraged for appropriate use of laboratory testing.  Please see the attached guidance for more information.

For prior guidances, please visit https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://upstate0.sharepoint.com/sites/LaboratoryFormularyCommitteeLabchanges__;!!GobTDDpD7A!bSNbj6Z2OEBjFUZBFm8pT8qFXJwjTp9W9evTh6v9MSTaHga7PY5kNH8eCNnTVtv_X_hZBDsP$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/upstate0.sharepoint.com/sites/LaboratoryFormularyCommitteeLabchanges__;!!GobTDDpD7A!fMqwKEI3JlieL_eF-Vo4vMVj2PNzfXcL0GsxYMLCbL6cXpbRqzmyQKWIxbV1BBgJ8OlmOsFv$>