[mdphd] [EXTERNAL] Physician-Scientist Speaker Invitation List

Liam Coyne coynel at upstate.edu
Wed Jan 8 10:26:18 EST 2020

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to those who came to help determine who we would invite for our student-led physician-scientist lecture series.  Below is the ranked list of invitees.  I'm going to send out invitation to Dr. Burns ASAP.  If she cannot make it or fails to respond within a couple weeks I will move on to Dr. Sokol, and then Dr. Vyas, etc.  If the responses drag on too long we may have to push to the Fall, but we're hoping it doesn't come to that.

1.  Dr. Kathleen Helen Burns, MD, PhD (PSTP Program Director at Johns Hopkins)
2.  Dr. Caroline Sokol, MD, PhD (Stanbury Physician-Scientist Pathway Program Director at MGH)
3.  Dr. Jatin Vyas, MD, PhD (Internal Medicine Residency Program Director at MGH)
4.  Dr. Steven Freedman, MD, PhD (Physician-Scientist track Program Director at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center)
5.  Dr. Marni Falk, MD (Recent founder of the first mitochondrial disease fellowship in the country at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia)

Note:  All the candidates run active labs, are practicing physicians, and are involved in higher medical education.

Best Regards,
Liam

Liam P. Coyne
MD/PhD Candidate