[mdphd] Thursday Grand Rounds

Amit S. Dhamoon DhamoonA at upstate.edu
Wed Dec 8 14:12:02 EST 2021

Dear All,

After discussions with med/grad school administration, this week is going to be our last gathering involving food given rising number of COVID cases in the community. Please think about whether you would like to continue our future grand rounds in person (without food) or through zoom. I am open to either one as long as there is robust participation and learning.

We are in the process of interviewing a MD PhD program coordinator. We will give you an update as soon as we make a decision.

Over the last few grand rounds we have had some interesting discussions about liver tests. Alan will give us a reminder of the anatomy and physiology of the liver and then give us a rundown of our so-called "liver function tests." After that I have prepared several cases that we will discuss as a group. One of the internal medicine chief residents who will be pursuing gastroenterology in the future will be leading that discussion.

Best wishes,
Amit