[mdphd] Paper for 10/7 at 5 pm through zoom

Tanner R. Thompson ThompTan at upstate.edu
Thu Oct 7 15:37:09 EDT 2021

Reminder, the link for class is:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://upstate.zoom.us/j/972679869?pwd=eDcwejQ0eFZ1b1RORHY1VmVwVTQ0Zz09__;!!GobTDDpD7A!Y_wWIn8YvDwAtOyx3cBMhF7-suih9N5PWfw6aY-qYy4Yt7ii0pSDHpoWixTDOxs90mFH$

Tanner Thompson

From: mdphd <mdphd-bounces at lists.upstate.edu> on behalf of Amit Dhamoon <DhamoonA at upstate.edu>
Date: Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 5:20 PM
To: "mdphd at lists.upstate.edu" <mdphd at lists.upstate.edu>
Subject: [mdphd] Paper for 10/7 at 5 pm through zoom

Dear MD, PhD students,

Jennifer Cheung has graciously agreed to present a science paper tomorrow with minimal notice. Thank you so much for your willingness to teach us.

Last week we discussed a patient with congestive heart failure. This patient died of sudden cardiac death after discharge from the hospital. Patients with systolic heart failure have a high risk of mortality due to ventricular arrhythmias. These authors asked the question; can a defibrillator save lives in patients with systolic heart failure? This paper is one of the practice changing clinical trials that established ICDs as standard of care in patients with systolic heart failure. I look forward to the discussion tomorrow.

Best wishes,
Amit

p.s. Tanner, can you please share with the undergraduates who are auditing this course? Thank you.