[mdphd] MD/PhD Video Project

Anna Maria Hinman HinmanA at upstate.edu
Wed Aug 31 19:38:52 EDT 2022

Hi friends,

Believe it or not it's already admission season. And just like for the last few years, this year is going to be virtual again. Andrea had a brilliant plan to include a video about us to showing what the program is like through our eyes. With Arnav to handle the video editing and filming, we have storyboarded a simple video. The premise of the project is a silent film encapsulating a scripted day of one of our students. Starting in the morning from getting up, biking to campus, and going to class to end the day at Grand Rounds and a bar to show the whole group having fun. This is where you come in. Not only will we need extras throughout the day filming, but we also plan to film at Grand Rounds. If you do not want to be filmed, I need you to send me an email stating that we do not have permission to film you. If I do not receive an email by the end of the week from you, I will assume that you are safe to film.

With our first interview date for the program set just under a month and a half away, we are kicking this project into high gear. By Friday you'll receive a sign-up sheet for being an extra in various parts of the filming. Some portions will be year specific, such as going to class, while others, like lunch in the courtyard, will be open to any who wants to join.

Lastly, plan to stay for maybe 10 to 30 minutes after Grand Rounds next week (9/8) to go to one of the local bars. Even if you just walk to the bar with us and stand for 20 seconds of filming, we would greatly appreciate your help. Spouses and family are welcome to join for the bar!

Thanks for your help with this project! I cannot wait to see all of your smiling faces on camera!

Best,
AM

Anna Maria Hinman

MD/PhD program, 2028