[mdphd] Visiting student next week - please review

Andrea Rhea RheaA at upstate.edu
Wed Feb 8 14:17:11 EST 2023

*Europe

Andrea Rhea (she, her, hers)

Coordinator of Combined Programs and Special Initiatives
MD/PhD Program Coordinator
Postdoctoral Affairs Coordinator
PREP-Up and SURF Coordinator
College of Graduate Studies
Weiskotten Hall 3118
rheaa at upstate.edu<mailto:rheaa at upstate.edu>

In-office Monday - Thursday (PM), Telecommuting Thursday (AM) and Friday

From: mdphd <mdphd-bounces at lists.upstate.edu> on behalf of Andrea Rhea <RheaA at upstate.edu>
Date: Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 2:16 PM
To: mdphd at lists.upstate.edu <mdphd at lists.upstate.edu>
Cc: Jaclyn Rittershaus <RittersJ at upstate.edu>, Kairo Baylor <BaylorK at upstate.edu>, Kevin M. Lin <LinKe at upstate.edu>, Alexander Guerrero <GuerrerA at upstate.edu>
Subject: [mdphd] Visiting student next week - please review
Good afternoon,

We are hosting another visiting accepted student next week. Her name is Daria. She is flying in from Eurpose, but she doesn’t live there. Her spring schedule is packed with traveling.

Daria will be in Syracuse from Wednesday 2/15 through Saturday 2/18. I am looking forward to meeting her in person! She’s awesome. We weren’t planning to host accepted students during this time, but these dates were our only hope for having her visit surrounding her current schedule. I am aware that MS2’s have an exam on Friday 2/17. A few asks:

  *   Everyone: review the schedule attached

  *   Please consider happy hour after GR next week (non-MS2’s)

  *   MS2’s – Please reply and let me know how you do you feel about lunch after your exam on Friday in WH 3111 across from my office? Is 11:30 a good time? I can change things around…

  *   Looking for a person to give her a tour of facilities. Please let me know if you can do this (timing can deviate from the proposed schedule attached)

  *   Looking for a buddy for Daria. This is a person who is relatively flexible throughout her stay. This person would be comfortable sharing their contact information with Daria and helping her out, especially if she’s feeling lost or has a random question about her visit.

  *   Daria is interested in the gyms around here. Specifically, she enjoys non-contact sports and weightlifting. Anyone want to carve out some time to show her a gym? There is nothing on Daria’s agenda Friday late afternoon/evening. This would be an ideal time to show her a few gyms. Could also be cool if there are any gatherings of students happening anywhere…let me know so I can connect her.

  *   Open to any other suggestions for Daria during her visit!

You guys are the absolute best and can’t wait to see you all at GR tomorrow. Kyle is giving a Capstone Presentation that I am truly looking forward to. Someone is winning a prize. There will be food.

Thanks!

Best,