[mdphd] Accepted Student Days

Andrea Rhea RheaA at upstate.edu
Tue Jan 17 10:14:28 EST 2023

Dear MDPhD family,

First of all, thank you so much for all who are participating in this week’s events and have helped me get ideas and organize.

  *   Here’s some information about our accepted students:

-Kairo Baylor- PREP-Up student, attends our Grand Rounds (local)
-Kevin Lin- current MS2, attends our Grand Rounds (local)
-Jaclyn Ritterhaus- current MS2, attends our Grand Rounds (local)
-Greg Regan- traveling from California
-Ryan Pohorenec- traveling from Rochester (bringing a guest)
-Keith Kyewalabye- traveling from California (bringing a guest)

  *   Each student has been paired with a buddy. If you’re interested in knowing more about the students, let me know or stop by my office anytime!

  *   It is important that attendance and participation with Grand Rounds is on point. President Dr. Dewan will be in attendance, and he will address our group and welcome our visitors! I’ve ordered tons of food.

  *   Speaking of food, please stop as much as possible throughout the day Thursday and Friday for the little “meet and greets.” There are three (see scheduled attached). All the mingling opportunities take place in the classroom across from my office and there will be lots of food! Please stop by if you can…even if it’s for a quick hello and to grab a bit to go!

  *   Finally, go to happy hour! It will be a great opportunity for all to get to know each other more.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Andrea Rhea (she, her, hers)

Coordinator of Combined Programs and Special Initiatives
MD/PhD Program Coordinator
Postdoctoral Affairs Coordinator
PREP-Up and SURF Coordinator
College of Graduate Studies
Weiskotten Hall 3118
rheaa at upstate.edu<mailto:rheaa at upstate.edu>

In-office Monday - Thursday (PM), Telecommuting Thursday (AM) and Friday