[mdphd] GR 2/2

Amit S. Dhamoon DhamoonA at upstate.edu
Sat Jan 28 07:00:34 EST 2023

Dear Colleagues,

For this academic year we are presenting a mix of clinical cases and clinical trials for grand rounds. The purpose of this mix is to develop your clinical reasoning skills when you are on the wards as well as your ability to read, interpret, and apply research studies to your patients in a meaningful way.

Jen will be discussing the attached paper this coming Thursday. As you read the paper think about the study design, strengths of the paper, and limitations. If you don't understand something, prepare questions to ask during GR. I really enjoyed everyone's involvement in last week's GR and I would like to keep the conversation flowing this week. I would like us to plan for shorter presentations—30 to 45 minutes in order to create space for discussion.

The presenters are dedicating a great deal of time to create a meaningful presentation for the audience. Please provide thoughtful feedback to the presenters so that your colleagues can continue to grow.

Thank you everyone.

Best wishes,
Amit