[mdphd] All the things

Andrea Cifonelli CifonelA at upstate.edu
Thu Mar 30 09:17:55 EDT 2023

Good morning,

  *   No grand rounds today, see you next week!
  *   Apologies for dropping my MDPhD mom-duties at Student Research Day. I wish I could have seen you all shine! I heard it went well…send pics.
  *   Submit any last min. April newsletter items today!
  *   [?docx icon]  Sign-up for a Suture Workshop date NOW<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://upstate0-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/r/personal/cifonela_upstate_edu/_layouts/15/Doc.aspx?sourcedoc=*7BF3174CAF-D59D-4DAF-B69F-99A4E6AAC116*7D&file=Suture*20Workshop*20Sign-up.docx&action=default&mobileredirect=true__;JSUlJQ!!GobTDDpD7A!Psbkpq8GodltyCV7Xi9v9vbvhRW_1_kriH94ypMftmGJyQCnRpgIi4ji0y6gNsXiFaSvC-IzliJsfbxhdQM97MMYXQ$ >

PEER MENTOR ALERT!

I would like to pair Keith, Dasha, Greg, Jaclyn and Kevin with a peer mentor way before they arrive/begin PhD work. Since many of you met with them, consider yourself a better judge than I with these parings. Keith, Dasha and Greg require a go-to person for Syracuse and new-student things. They will want to chat with someone about housing, where to rock climb, how to get to the MDPhD picnic, etc. Jaclyn and Kevin will require a mentor who has been through the 1st year of their PhD and can advise about GR presentations, grant writing, qual exam, etc. For everyone, there is a light commitment to meet with the students a few times throughout their first year to discuss program requirements/academics. LMK if interested!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Cheers,
Andrea Cifonelli (she, her, hers)

Coordinator of Combined Programs and Special Initiatives
MD/PhD Program Coordinator
Postdoctoral Affairs Coordinator
PREP-Up and SURF Coordinator
College of Graduate Studies
Weiskotten Hall 3118
cifonela at upstate.edu<mailto:rheaa at upstate.edu>

In-office Monday - Thursday (PM), Telecommuting Thursday (AM) and Friday