[Nappi-Utility] P-Tube interruption notice

Anne Hodges HodgesA at upstate.edu
Mon Oct 7 07:28:20 EDT 2024

TO:                        All Departments with Space in University Hospital, East Wing, East Tower, Cancer Center, and Nappi
SUBJECT:           P-Tube Interruption Notice for University Hospital, East Wing, East Tower, Cancer Center, and Nappi

TODAY’S DATE:                           Monday 10/7/24
INTERRUPTION DATE:             Tuesday 10/8/24 – Thursday 10/10/24
Starting Tuesday morning, 10/8/24, at approximately 7:00am, we will be doing a major upgrade to the entire P-Tube system.  The P-tube system will have partial system shutdowns for approximately 10-hours each day (Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday).  A schedule for the work to be performed will be outlined below.  We will make an overhead page before we shut down and start the work.
Volunteers in Express are available to assist when the p-tube is down. To reach Express, dial 45182 or call “Volunteer Express” on Vocera. Express is open Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm and Saturdays 10am-2pm.
Tentative Schedule:

·         Monday, 10/7 – Swisslog team travels to Syracuse in the morning and gets set up in the afternoon.
·         Tuesday, 10/8
o    Zone 1 is down for 10 hours.
o    Zone 4 is down for 10 hours.
o    Zone 10 is down for 2 hours.
§  Zone 10 has no stations on it, but it connects Zones 1, 2, 3 and 6.  We’ll do this zone first and turn it back on ASAP.
§  Zones 2, 3 and 6 will be down for 2 hours while Zone 10 is upgraded.  There will be no traffic from Health and Wellness to main campus during these 2 hours.
·         Wednesday, 10/9
o    Zone 2 is down for 10 hours.
o    Zone 5 is down for 10 hours.
·         Thursday, 10/10
o    Zone 3 is down for 10 hours.
o    Zone 6 is down for 2 hours.
§  Zone 6 has no stations on it, but it moves carriers from the new Health and Wellness Center over to the main campus.  During this 2-hour window, there will be no traffic from the Health and Wellness Center to main campus.
·         Friday, 10/11
o    Swisslog will remain on site to do any Nexus Panel training for anyone that needs it and monitor the system’s performance.

An overhead page will be heard when the system is running at full functionality.

Campus buildings will not be affected by this repair work.
If you have any questions or require clarification of this notice, please contact Stu Hatzinger at 315-920-2584, Dan Koch at 315-956-4017, or Bob Giacobbi at (315) 877-4635.