[nursingnews] Nursing News July 19th

Nursing News List nursingnews at lists.upstate.edu
Fri Jul 19 11:40:18 EDT 2024

Nursing News for July 19th, 2024

Become a Social Media Ambassador!
Interested in helping decide and film what goes on Upstate Nursing social media? Fill out the inquiry below!
Form will be open for 3 weeks, closing August 9th at Noon.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=Zgr1XCZe3UGJ-IPPc__umG3IJJLhnaRNtbmbFGtVbspUQ08yWDQ3MDFQTVhLUEVQWjE4N1gwMUc0Ti4u__;!!GobTDDpD7A!Mob2WMibnvnmELjQnPIEZZs9q8Ts8dZGTNqTg-iSzlUc2t2kyFfxxvoFHnsGSpOTfc21o1dxmNciFWl21Bzwlj7RFwjXqQ$
Master's Adult-Gerontology Nursing Practitioner Primary Care Program
This thoughtfully designed program will enable you to complete your Master’s degree in just five semesters, preparing you to sit for the national certification exam upon graduation. Our AGNP-PC program is tailored to provide you with the advanced skills and knowledge needed to excel in adult and gerontological healthcare in the primary care setting.
For more information on the program and the application process, please visit our website https://www.upstate.edu/con/programs/masters-of-science/index.php or contact our admissions office at admiss at upstate.edu<mailto:admiss at upstate.edu>. Please feel free to share this to anyone who might be interested.
The Clinical Nursing Education team is offering our annual Nursing Education Needs Assessment<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=Zgr1XCZe3UGJ-IPPc__umOtERGHI-eVFmLWXBGjsLrpUNUFUT1dMMDBYOVZEMFpMWDExUUJFRkc3WC4u__;!!GobTDDpD7A!Mob2WMibnvnmELjQnPIEZZs9q8Ts8dZGTNqTg-iSzlUc2t2kyFfxxvoFHnsGSpOTfc21o1dxmNciFWl21Bzwlj5Vy4gHKw$ > for all permanent RNs to complete the entire month of July. The intent of the Nursing Education Needs Assessment is to identify anticipatory educational gaps and opportunities for innovation and education from the perspective of the RN.  The assessment is anonymous and takes less than 5 minutes to complete electronically. Data collected from the survey will help guide planning for educational initiatives for the Nursing department in the year following the assessment completion.
 [cid:13324bbc-031e-4636-98c6-c85f7f9ee287]

Training for the identification and reporting of child abuse, maltreatment, neglect is offered online

Training related to the mandated identification and reporting of child abuse, maltreatment, and neglect is available online. The training takes two hours.

RNs and LPNs must complete this education. To register for the training, visit: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.nysmandatedreporter.org/TrainingCourses.aspx__;!!GobTDDpD7A!Mob2WMibnvnmELjQnPIEZZs9q8Ts8dZGTNqTg-iSzlUc2t2kyFfxxvoFHnsGSpOTfc21o1dxmNciFWl21Bzwlj5XqP0XTg$ .

For more information on NYS laws regarding mandated reporting, visit: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.nysmandatedreporter.org/NYSLaws.aspx__;!!GobTDDpD7A!Mob2WMibnvnmELjQnPIEZZs9q8Ts8dZGTNqTg-iSzlUc2t2kyFfxxvoFHnsGSpOTfc21o1dxmNciFWl21Bzwlj5nXNaQBA$ .

Questions? Email Sarah Vienne at VienneS at upstate.edu <mailto:VienneS at upstate.edu%20>  or Sara LaPointe at LaPointS at Upstate.edu<mailto:LaPointS at Upstate.edu>.

Welcome to the July 19, 2024, edition of Magnet Monthly Updates! Magnet Monthly will provide regular updates to keep everyone informed on all things Magnet as we continue our journey toward our 2025 redesignation!”

Please see attachment.

Brightspace and Learning Management System Training
Virtual Class
8/13/2024
1400-1500
Registration link: https://www.upstate.edu/pdl/intra/register/index.php?topicid=194659

  *   This is a virtual course that offers training for Brightspace, Genius, Self-Serve Reports, and Orientation Checklists.
  *
Intended for Managers, Supervisors, and Trainers but appliesto anyone utilizing Brightspace and reporting within their role.

Orange Syracuse V-neck, T-shirts still available for purchase!
[cid:1a8539a4-488b-4e05-94a1-1954b149c80a]
**V-neck only**
Available Sizes –
XS: 25
S: 11
M: 53
L: 28
XL: 0
2XL: 5
3XL: 2
4XL: 0

Shirts are $15 and 100% cotton. Accepted forms of payment: cash, credit card, Tap to Pay, or check. If you are interested, please email Jennifer Flynn at flynnje at upstate.edu<mailto:flynnje at upstate.edu> with what size(s) you are looking for. The shirts will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
Nominations for the 38th Annual Nursing Excellence Celebration are open now through August 6th
Award descriptions and nomination form can be found here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=Zgr1XCZe3UGJ-IPPc__umAkfmVKb-b1KoP6ndgNptFNUMzNQTklFRVFOVUQ4UDAzMDBNSEZJNERQRi4u__;!!GobTDDpD7A!Mob2WMibnvnmELjQnPIEZZs9q8Ts8dZGTNqTg-iSzlUc2t2kyFfxxvoFHnsGSpOTfc21o1dxmNciFWl21Bzwlj5veUBIlQ$ . Questions? Reach out to Jennifer Flynn at flynnje at upstate.edu<mailto:flynnje at upstate.edu>.

The awards available for nomination are:

  *   DAISY Nurse Leader Award
  *   DAISY Team Award
  *   Geriatric Excellence Awards
  *   Spirit of Nursing Award