[pert] Update on PERT status

Debanik Chaudhuri ChaudhuD at upstate.edu
Fri Jun 25 15:36:54 EDT 2021

I think we should go forward with the current policy and submit a revision after we start to get it off the ground. We can also teach residents to focus on intermediate and high risk PE only. If called for a low risk PE, we can educate them and teach why such patients do not require a PERT consult. This hiatus between the policy and real world implementation could act as an educational opportunity.