[pert] Updates

Debanik Chaudhuri ChaudhuD at upstate.edu
Mon May 3 13:28:39 EDT 2021

This is exactly the point I made before in the PERT. I am surprised this issue is still going on. This is wrong language and will not be part of the form. We would need only the following and no more:

  1.  RV: LV ratio as a number. Helpful only as a measure of RV strain. Positive troponin and proBNP serve the same role biochemically.
  2.  There is no need for mentioning clot burden as massive or sub-massive. It will only create misunderstanding.  It is a clinical/hemodynamic diagnosis, not a radiological one. Dr. Ramakrishnan’s suggestion regarding location of thrombus is an appropriate one.