[reg] FW: September Patient Access Newsletter

Brenda L. Passardi PassardB at upstate.edu
Fri Sep 2 15:45:44 EDT 2022

From: Shelley White <WhiteS at upstate.edu>
Sent: Friday, September 2, 2022 2:23 PM
To: Dept Newsletter <PASNewsletter at upstate.edu>
Subject: September Patient Access Newsletter

Good afternoon and happy Friday!

I'm excited to announce we've hired a Patient Access Services manager for the Nappi Wellness Institute! The search committee unanimously selected Kristen Henry for this ground-breaking position! I'm so happy to welcome Kristen back to our leadership team as she previously serve as a team leader in Upstate Connect. Since leaving us in Upstate Connect she has been working with Cardiology. Her official date is September 22. Welcome Kristen!

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D8BEE3.082BEE20]

Next month, Kristen and I will spend some time updating you on the projects associated with the Nappi Wellness Institute. In the meantime, for registration staff responsible for patient facing patient arrival or registration, please pay special attention to page 4 of the newsletter. We are working hard to improve our rates of patients using Pre-Checkin functionality in MyChart. When they do, it reduces the time needed on the day of their appointment. The article shows you how to recognize when a patient has used Pre Checkin. Please thank the patient! Only ask the remaining elements of the registration. Please do not re-interview without any acknowledgement that they used pre-check in. If they haven't, please inform patients of the process for their next visit.

Equally important is the information on page 5. During the recent DNV survey, we received a level 2 non-conformity related to inconsistent documentation of "verbal consent". More training and support will be coming in September.

I hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend and a special thank you for those working throughout the weekend taking care of our patients!

Sincerely,
Shelley