[reg] FW: January Patient Access Services Newsletter

Brenda L. Passardi PassardB at upstate.edu
Wed Jan 3 11:08:30 EST 2024

Brenda Passardi, CHAM
Performance Improvement Manager
Upstate University Hospital
Phone: Available on Teams
Email: passardb at upstate.edu

From: Shelley White <WhiteS at upstate.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, January 3, 2024 10:56 AM
To: Dept Newsletter <PASNewsletter at upstate.edu>
Cc: Stuart Wright <WrightS at upstate.edu>; Robert Seabury <SeaburRo at upstate.edu>; Niki Sullivan <SullivaA at upstate.edu>
Subject: January Patient Access Services Newsletter

Happy new year!
Attached is our department newsletter. The lead article this month is timely. As we start the new year, many insurance plans renew the patient's deductibles, out-of-pocket limits and co-payments may have changed. Kaniesha wrote an article to help you with collecting patient payments. Please reach out if you'd like more assistance with interpreting RTE results and payor websites. It's also important to know what financial assistance options are available to patients who may need help paying their medical bills. Take a look at the Patient Access Services website<https://www.upstate.edu/ihospital/intra/pas/training/index.php> for more tips and presentation on Point of Service collections and all things PAS. We're all here to help.

Good luck on your resolutions for 2024!

Shelley