[reg] Important update regarding Humana coverage

Kaniesha Mason BarnettK at upstate.edu
Mon Jun 17 11:43:10 EDT 2024

Good morning,

UH hospital may be allowing its contract with Humana to term upon the extension term date of 7/31/2024.  Humana has notified members Friday 6/14/2024, per CMS requirement. This does not impact the private sites as it is our understanding that the MSG will remain in-network.
Humana patients currently receiving services at the Hospital/OP locations prior to termination will continue to do so until they establish with a new provider, in accordance with NYS and federal laws.

Should we term, we will follow state/federal Emergency rules/regs for any of their members presenting 8/1/24 forward.  If their members choose to keep their Humana plan and seek services with us on or after 8/1, please direct them to verify with their plan if an out of network authorization is needed. If they do not have out of network benefits, they should be directed to financial assistance at 315-464-8050.

If anyone asks for other Medicare plans we participate with, you can send them the list or direct them to the website https://www.upstate.edu/hospital/patients-families/billing/insurance.php.  We are also continuing good faith conversations through 7/31/24.  If there are any updates or agreement reached, more information will be shared.  Please reach out to you managers with questions.

Thank you,
Sarah Beaman

Kaniesha M Mason
Director of Registration