[toxhealth] [EXTERNAL] Emergency Medicine ECHO - New ECHO Opportunity

Deidre A. Keefe KeefeD at upstate.edu
Thu Feb 4 09:54:29 EST 2021

We are writing to let you know about an exciting project which combines distance learning with tele-health. We have listened to your requests for innovative ways to keep you informed and to collaborate with you.  The Department of Emergency Medicine of Upstate Medical University is teaming with Project ECHO to launch an Emergency Medicine ECHO beginning in the spring of 2021. We hope to launch this initiative in April of 2021 however, we are acutely aware of the strain that the pandemic is causing and will re-evaluate this start date if our health systems continue to be exponentially stressed.

The mission of Project ECHO (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) is to develop the capacity to safely and effectively treat chronic, common, and complex diseases in rural and underserved areas, and to monitor outcomes of this treatment.  Our goal for the EM teleECHO clinic is to assist clinicians in our region in both pediatric and adult emergencies.  Our plan is for instructional  presentations and case discussions to stimulate conversation and create an environment where we all learn. We would like to create content based on your needs. Please complete this survey<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https*3A*2F*2Fwww.surveymonkey.com*2Fr*2FQ6RGBWJ&data=04*7C01*7CKeefeD*40upstate.edu*7C4e7c4f1d30144a82c4e708d8c880aab9*7C5cf50a665e2641dd89f883cf73ffee98*7C0*7C0*7C637479802241832788*7CUnknown*7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0*3D*7C1000&sdata=Gbh42Bl7AZiTSheJUrl7O4MyUvbXJWYJtipBL3CtlEI*3D&reserved=0__;JSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUl!!GobTDDpD7A!bbXO7tFtU0odTpuWCY_-7F7DY0bzPHSwuRxVIcuwQHouPLlvu0eQq02Sr58obg_ayEq_$ > by the end of February so that we can begin to develop the curriculum.

These CME accredited clinics are one-hour teleconferencing (video and/or phone) sessions that will be held the second Tuesday a month tentatively scheduled from 12-1 PM.  We plan to host our first clinic on April 13, 2021 at 12:00 pm however we await your survey results to determine the best day and time for these ECHO sessions. A full clinic schedule with dates and topics will be available on our website<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http*3A*2F*2Fupstate.edu*2Fecho&data=04*7C01*7CKeefeD*40upstate.edu*7C4e7c4f1d30144a82c4e708d8c880aab9*7C5cf50a665e2641dd89f883cf73ffee98*7C0*7C0*7C637479802241842783*7CUnknown*7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0*3D*7C1000&sdata=cuI7*2FucSFV*2FRncnVi86Z1MMOBu7StjLUSUbLr*2BDbnEk*3D&reserved=0__;JSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSU!!GobTDDpD7A!bbXO7tFtU0odTpuWCY_-7F7DY0bzPHSwuRxVIcuwQHouPLlvu0eQq02Sr58obgjWGaCn$ >.

Please contact Deidre Keefe, the ECHO Project Manager, if you are interested in participating and/or have any questions about the program.  Once she is made aware of your interest she will send along a welcome letter that details the program, technical requirements, clinic outline and call-in information.  Her contact information: keefed at upstate.edu<mailto:keefed at upstate.edu> or 315.464.7861.

If you have specific content questions related to the EM ECHO or suggestions for other topics we should add in the future, please contact Trina Skeele at skeelet at upstate.edu<mailto:skeelet at upstate.edu> or Jeanna Marraffa at marraffj at upstate.edu<mailto:marraffj at upstate.edu>.

We hope to hear from you soon,

Trina Skeele, RN, BSN & Jeanna Marraffa, PharmD, MPH

Deidre Keefe, MS, CHES
Project Manager, ECHO
Office of the President
Phone: 315.464.7861/315.481.5620 (C)