[toxnews] Welcome Kayla Bourgeois!

William D. Eggleston EgglestW at upstate.edu
Fri Jul 2 16:08:56 EDT 2021

I am very excited to welcome Dr. Kayla Bourgeois, our incoming fellow in clinical toxicology and emergency medicine. Kayla will be working with us for the next two years here at SUNY Upstate Medical University and the Upstate New York Poison Center, as well as with our colleagues at the Binghamton University School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences. I have included her brief bio below.

Please join me in welcoming Kayla!

[cid:c09870c6-6f7d-436c-85f4-611bfc5db7a9]
Dr. Kayla Bourgeois grew up in a town right outside of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. She attended Mississippi State University for undergraduate studies, where she played for the Mississippi State women's soccer team. Afterward, she received her Doctor of Pharmacy from the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. She completed her PGY1 pharmacy residency at the University at Maryland Medical Center. Her current interests include emergency medicine, toxicology, and medication safety. Outside of pharmacy, she enjoys playing 7-v-7 soccer, reading, and serving in the community and within the church. Some of her favorite artists include J. Cole, Chance the Rapper, United Pursuit, and Tauren Wells. Dr. Bourgeois is immensely grateful for her parents, and the support of her family, closest friends, mentors, and congregation who have always provided love and encouragement. She is both humbled and excited to start her Fellowship in Clinical Toxicology & Emergency Medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University and the Upstate New York Poison Center, in collaboration with the Binghamton University School of Pharmacy.