[util] *CORRECTED 5/28/21* Temporary RTU #1 / (RTU #10) Shutdown

Thomas Slater SlaterT at upstate.edu
Fri May 28 09:49:39 EDT 2021

In support of the Heart & Vascular Project for Phase 1, we will be shutting down RTU-1 (10) on the roof to start the new AHU 22-25 located in mechanical room 7706. Shut down of RTU-1 (10) will occur on Friday May 28 at 1700 hours. The work on final ductwork connections will occur overnight so that we can start energizing new AHU-22-25 on the morning of Saturday May 29th.

Areas impacted will be the 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th floors of the UH 6 South Wing north of Exit Stair #6.  There will be no heating, cooling or ventilation in these areas until the start-up of AHU 22-25 is completed.

The duration of work will be from Friday May 28th at the initial shutdown until till start-up work is completed. We anticipate this to hopefully be sometime on Saturday May 29th mid to late afternoon. The work is being completed during the holiday weekend so that any unforeseen complications may be addressed before the hospital personnel return to the impacted work areas on Tuesday June 1st.

Once the new AHU 22-25 is online we will begin air balancing the floors for proper air flows needed as well as verifying temperature control of all areas affected and verifying console activation for AHU 22-25.

No patient care areas will be impacted during the shutdown.

Please contact project manager Scott Bloss with any questions or concerns at 315-863-5576.

Emergency Contacts:

Scott Bloss          315-863-5576
                               315-396-8000
Rich Peterson    860-885-4345