[util] Power Interruption

Anne Hodges HodgesA at upstate.edu
Fri May 12 12:02:18 EDT 2023

ELECTRICAL POWER INTERUPTION NOTICE FOR

Downtown Campus Buildings

TO:                 All Departments with Space in East Wing, East Tower, UH, WH, Setnor, NAB, and CWB/ROC

SUBJECT:     Electrical Power Interruption Notice for Downtown Campus Buildings Saturday, May 13, 2023, from 5 to 6 am.

DATE:            May 12, 2023

On Saturday between 5 and 6 am there will be a power interruption for 1-30 seconds to the buildings listed below while we switch back to our normal feeds.

All sensitive equipment should be shut down during the switching.

  *   East Wing (Will check with OR’s on 5 east before we begin.)
     *   Affects OR’s 1,2,3,5,8,10,11, and 12
     *   MRI #1
  *   East Tower
  *   UH (Will check with 3 North OR’s before we begin.)
  *   Weiskotten Hall
  *   Setnor
  *   CWB/ROC

This is what you can expect to happen between 5:00 am to 6:00 am Saturday.
An overhead page will be sent out prior to switching and once switching is completed.

·         Half of the normal power will see a power interruption for 1-30 seconds while we transfer power.

·         Emergency power will see a blink while going to generator power and then when power is transferred back to normal power. This is similar to our monthly generator testing.

·         All sensitive equipment should be shut down during the switching.

 All other campus building will not be affected by this work.

If you have any questions or require clarification of this notice, please contact Stu Hatzinger at 315-920-2584.