[util] Electrical Power Interruption Notice - Downtown Campus

Anne Hodges HodgesA at upstate.edu
Mon Jul 1 11:46:20 EDT 2024

ELECTRICAL POWER NOTICE FOR

Downtown Campus Buildings

TO:                 All Departments with Space in UH, East Wing, East Tower, CWB, Weiskotten Hall, and Setnor

SUBJECT:      Electric Power Interruptions UH, East Wing, East Tower, CWB, Weiskotten Hall, and Setnor

                       5:00 am – 5:30 am Wednesday, July 3rd.

TODAY’S DATE:                   July 1st, 2024

WORK PERFORMED ON:   July 3rd, 2024

In order to perform troubleshooting on our Substation, one of our incoming National Grid feeders will be switched offline. We will be conducting switching to building feeds listed below between the hours of 5 am and 5:30 am.  This will cause power losses from 1 to 10 seconds while we do switching.

***East Wing- Please use OR’s 4,6,7,9, and 13 prior to switching and until an all clear is given in the morning.

MRI #1 and Emergency Department CT #2 will also be impacted and should be shut down during switching.

Before any switching is done, we will walk the 5E OR’s, 3N OR’s and 6 West & South Heart & Vascular.

Telemetry monitors may also see a blip and a 1-2 min reboot, but no data will be lost.

This is what you can expect to happen starting at 5:00 a.m.

UH, CWB, East Wing and East Tower; Will experience a loss of some of your normal power circuits for 1 to10 seconds while we conduct switching. Emergency power circuits will see a loss similar to monthly generator testing.

Weiskotten Hall and Setnor: Some of the normal power circuits will lose power for 1-10 seconds while we conduct switching in the morning. Emergency power will see a loss similar to monthly generator testing.

Other buildings (Cancer Center, Setnor, Gama Knife, Silverman etc.) are not affected.

If you have any questions, please contact Larry Blanchard 315-640-9053