[unyoc-planning] Vendor Update Coming Soon

Irish, Elizabeth IrishE at amc.edu
Tue May 28 12:20:18 EDT 2019

Just wanted to say that I had some good conversations at MLA… VisualDx, LibLynx, Taylor and Francis… just to name a few who confirmed attendance again this year.  I know that Beth has received more payments.  Good news is McGraw-Hill went back up to Silver Sponsorship after almost not attending last year due to budget concerns.  Mary Jo has fielded a few questions these past few weeks too.

I will in the next week touch base with her and Beth to tally everything up, but life since MLA has been a bit, well, terrible.  First, my 36 year old funny, bright, loving, talented, courageous, yet challenged, nephew died from an opioid (Fentanyl) overdose on May 10th (https://passages.winnipegfreepress.com/passage-details/id-264336/CHRISTIE_CHARLES ).  He fought against cancer, but substance abuse was too strong..  just broken-hearted.

Then last Monday Joe had an abnormal stress test, which led to a cardiac catherization on Friday where he had a stent placed. He’s doing fine now, although tired and has restrictions this week that he is gladly obeying even if he finds them annoying, especially not being able to lift more than 10 lbs.  The cat weighs 15… neither of them are happy …

So, since MLA I have been reeling.

However, I will be back in the saddle shortly.  Just catching up on work obligations as last week I was in and out between Joe’s appointments and graduation and the week before, well, I just mechanically was going thru what I had to do.

I will be glad when May is over…

MLA was fantastic…
----------------------------------------- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain confidential information that is protected by law and is for the sole use of the individuals or entities to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this email and destroying all copies of the communication and attachments. Further use, disclosure, copying, distribution of, or reliance upon the contents of this email and attachments is strictly prohibited. To contact Albany Medical Center, or for a copy of our privacy practices, please visit us on the Internet at www.amc.edu.