[unyoc-planning] Hotel room reservations secured for 60 with "UNYOC" code

VBMClibrary vbmclibrary at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 11:39:29 EST 2020

Hi,
Local Arrangements Update:

*Hotel*
We have *60 rooms* on reserve at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel for *$129 per
night* group rate.  Be sure to bring a tax exempt form to avoid paying a
tax on the room rate.
Code for the group rate when making a reservation is "*UNYOC*"
Rooms are held in reserve until one month in advance - *September 28*.
After that, rooms are no longer part of the reserved block but the group
rate will still be applied when code is used as the group rate will not
expire.
A *parking garage* for hotel guests is contiguous to the hotel and is part
of the civic center/hotel complex. Parking is *free* for hotel guests.
PGH website: https://www.pokgrand.com/

Note 1: Hotel has 125 rooms and is not usually booked in the middle of the
week, so latecomers most likely will still be able to get in.  If not,
there is a Holiday Inn Express and a Mariott Poughkeepsie just south of the
city on Route 9, only 5 minutes away.
Note 2: Our Executive Committee meeting on Friday after the conference will
be in the same room as our meeting.  We can pull several tables together
and some chairs, order lunches ahead of time, and be ready to conduct our
post-conference business.  However, we will need to have everything packed
up and ready to move out as the hotel staff need to re-set the room for a
wedding Friday evening.  We/they don't anticipate it as a problem but I
thought I should mention it.

*Other Details*
Terrace Room where the exhibit tables for vendors will be located has a
table capacity of *22* tables and has plenty of *outlets*.  *WiFi* is also
available.

Hotel has a *podium* and *mic*.  I'm not sure about a screen so I will
check.  All other AV needs we will have to supply.  We will also need to
bring easels for posters and/or set posters up on tables.  Poster session
participants will need to be prepared as we are unable to mount posters on
the walls.  Note: I have two classic wooden easels and two portable easels
that I can lend from the library here.

I think that is all for now...whew!

Regards,
Mary Jo

Mary Jo Russell, MLS, AHIP
Knowledge Resources Library & Archives
Nuvance Health / Vassar Brothers Medical Center
vbmclibrary at gmail.com
Office: 845-437-3121