[board-unyoc] FW: Please test online membership payment

Mamo, Elizabeth Elizabeth.Mamo at rochesterregional.org
Fri Feb 5 16:42:09 EST 2021

Happy Friday friends, it’s your pesky membership chair.

Thanks to all of you for testing and sending your feedback.  I was able to make changes for some suggestions; for others I got a “no that is hardcoded” from Wild Apricot support.  I don’t think any of the “no’s are game changers but want to run it by you all.

1.      On the membership application in the “levels” section there are unnecessary commas and semi-colons.  This is hard coded and cannot be changed.  (Obviously no Librarians on their team).

2.      Invoice should now indicate payment was in “USD”.

3.      “On the receipt could it read Membership Dues rather than Member Application?”  Apparently also hard coded but I was able to add a description that indicates membership dues.

4.      ‘For tax purposes the receipt should also include our full name and affiliation with MLA”.  This is driven by the account name.  I asked Ginger to change it to the full name and then we should be all set. I believe Ginger’s admin level is the highest, mine does not allow me to make that change.

5.      “Should it read "Renewal due on January 1, 2022"?”  I played with some setting and think this will work now.  When a member applies and pays it generates an email to the member chair.  I then have to “approve” it and at that point dates should look normal.

6.      Is the "Member Since" something the members can fill out or will this be captured automatically by the system in the future?   WA Support says no.  They suggest adding a field so when people register they can indicate the year they actually joined.

I would like to take this live in the next week or so – are you all ok with that?

In other news

·         The more I am in WA the more I am convinced we should just use it for our entire website.

·         Membership directory – there is a way to see the list of current paid members.  If we stay with our current website I would just give Rachel some widget code.  For a very rough mock up see this page<https://wernerlibrary.libapps.com/libguides/admin_c.php?g=1112356&p=8171020>.

Elizabeth Mamo, MLS
Director, Library Services
1425 Portland Avenue
Rochester, NY 14621
wernerlibrary.org<http://wernerlibrary.org/c.php?g=440089>

[cid:image001.png at 01D6FBDD.D83F4E60]

7.

Hi everyone,

I am ready to roll out Wild Apricot for online membership payment.  Before I go live I was hoping you all could be my scapegoats and give it a whirl.

I suspect there are a few settings I need to tweak.  For example, it seems to generate a lot of emails.

For testing purposes I put the code on one of my Libguides.  Once it goes live I will hand it over to Rachel for inclusion on the UNYOC website and then I will put the call out.

Click this link to being the process https://wernerlibrary.org/wa<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/wernerlibrary.org/wa__;!!HoV-yHU!9jMde4VSV-bI5PsAru4_cdVb8Sk7_Kjq7UNQ2ZaEFBK5UZbFZT0EFsWSPdvhMkSVlKLprQ$>

Please send me your feedback.  Once you are in the database and have paid, WA will automatically bill you via email next year!

Beth

Elizabeth Mamo, MLS
Director, Library Services
Rochester Regional Health
wernerlibrary.org<../../../../../mmcvicarkeim/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.Outlook/E1BYUAXS/Signature%20ideas.docx>

Rochester Regional Health Email Disclaimer
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete it from your system. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
[https://www.myrochealth.com/wp-content/uploads/rrh-logo.jpg]