[epicproviders] Epigram: CURES act (Open notes) has been delayed

Epic - All Provider Staff epicproviders at lists.upstate.edu
Fri Oct 30 16:59:51 EDT 2020

CURES Act (Open Notes and Information Blocking) Delayed

The ONC’s CURES act, a federal rule which required that all notes be released to the patient via MyChart, has been delayed by ONC.

Originally, the regulation required us to comply as of next week (first week of November).  This date has been pushed back. Ultimately, this rule will still be implemented and we will need to make these changes, but we are choosing to delay at this time to better make sure practitioners know what to expect and how to address any issues that may come up.

More information will follow with education as well in information on a future implementation date.