[epicproviders] Secure Chat improvement when Unavailable

Epic - All Provider Staff epicproviders at lists.upstate.edu
Fri May 28 00:57:34 EDT 2021

Epigram

Secure Chat Improvement

Next Wednesday we are installing an improvment for Secure Chat. This change improves messaging when you set your status to "unavailable".

When you are "unavailable", othes will not be able to send you 1:1 direct secure chat messages.  You will receive messages sent to any group for which you are a member of regardless of status.

Note there is an ability in the system (secure chat preferences) where you can have the system set your status automatically. Please look at this and decide how you want it set. If you always want to be unavailable, make sure you turn this setting off.

This change is a programming option created by Epic from a request we made based on your Secure Chat feedback

>From the Desk of the CMIO

Neal Seidberg, MD

seidbern at upstate.edu<mailto:seidbern at upstate.edu>

315-464-7507