[epicproviders] Epigram: improved Results Review Activity

Epic - All Provider Staff epicproviders at lists.upstate.edu
Mon Aug 29 12:45:32 EDT 2022

Epigram

Results Review: New version coming September 12
Results Review in Epic is getting a much-needed update to improve functionality and reduce clicks!

There are two available places to review testing results: Chart review and Results review.  Results review is updating to be easier and faster to use!

Benefits:

  *   Faster to review labs: you can now review lengthy results (like radiology reports, culture results, and more) by hovering over them rather than clicking to open up a new screen.
  *   Faster to see historical data: You can choose to display a column that shows the latest result of every test performed at Upstate- no searching through back dates.
  *   Faster to review historical data of a specific test- one click to create a list of all prior results
  *   1-click graphing of one or more result values for trend spotting.
  *   Listing pending tests that have not yet resulted lets you know what is in processing.
  *   You can choose the direction of display (newest first or oldest first).

We have tested this change with a group of pilot users over the last few weeks, and the feedback has been very positive.

Keep an eye out for educational materials from the Training Group!

While this is a significant visual change, the improved functionality will make you more efficient in reviewing testing results. To help, I am including a link to a brief video from Epic that explains how and why these changes were made.  Click here to view<https://library.upstate.edu/epic/intra/media/GEN50HeresWhyResultsReview.mp4>.

If you are interested, I am happy to join your groups to do a quick demonstration of the new results review activity and answer any questions you might have.

>From the Desk of the CMIO
Neal Seidberg, MD
seidbern at upstate.edu<mailto:seidbern at upstate.edu>
315-464-7507