[epicproviders] Potential Issue with Haiku Voice Assistant

Epic - All Provider Staff epicproviders at lists.upstate.edu
Fri Jan 14 15:37:25 EST 2022

We were alerted this morning by Epic that due to a software update being released by Nuance on Monday, January 17, 2022, providers who use the Hey Epic! Voice Assistant in Haiku could potentially experience an issue with certain types of commands. Information retrieval commands, such as "Hey Epic! Show me the patient's Care Team.", will still continue to work as designed. However, commands that require the Voice Assistant to ask you a follow-up question, could either become unresponsive or respond to the user saying that this cannot be done. We are working with Epic for a resolution.  We will communicate once this issue has been fixed.

Below is an example of a situation where use of the Voice Assistant in Haiku could be impacted by this issue:

Clinician: "Message Dr. Rodriguez I got the patient's labs."
Hey Epic!: "Which Dr. Rodriguez?"
Clinician: "The PCP."
Hey Epic!: "Here's your message. Should I send it?"
Clinician: "Yes."

Thank you,

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D8095C.A0B38370]