[epicproviders] Epigram: SQ insulin software and upcoming Epic changes

Epic - All Provider Staff epicproviders at lists.upstate.edu
Tue May 23 08:00:00 EDT 2023

Epigram

Glucomander: Insulin dosing support
Glucomander is dosing support software. Providers initiate its use in Epic (with an order) and then nursing uses the software to tailor dosing for the patient. This software has been used in the ICUs for IV insulin since last November.
SQ Insulin support goes live June 5 on for units on both campuses.
Exclusions: Pediatric and OB patients, patients on TPN or tube feeds or those on insulin pumps or using pre-mixed or concentrated insulin, patients on high dose steroids and patients on bonus only insulin.
Learn more at this link:

https://www.upstate.edu/ihospital/intra/glucommander/glucommander-sq.php

System Updates

  *   Epic has been working on a multi-year project to update the EMR to be more efficient, more consistent, easier to use, and reduce your clicks.  This will culminate near the end of this year when we implement Hyperdrive. Hyperdrive is a the new web-based technology Epic is using to allow for this improved functioning.
  *   We have been preparing for this change by implementing changes that slowly convert the look and feel of the system to match what you will see in Hyperdrive. More of these changes will occur in the coming weeks and then at the end of summer.
  *   In the coming weeks, we will convert Synopsis and Review Flowsheets to the new functionality. This is the same updated functionality as Results Review and Timeline Reports already in the system.

Please keep an eye out for update notifications over this year. These required changes will make use of the system more efficient. It is important to keep up with the them so you can take advantage of improved productivity tools.

Learn more about hyperdrive at our Hyperdrive information page<https://www.upstate.edu/training/intra/epic/hyperdrive.php>