[mdphd] grand rounds

Amit Dhamoon dhamoona at upstate.edu
Mon Oct 19 06:05:51 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,
I am sorry that we had to cancel grand rounds last week. I had some health issues and could not be there. I apologize.

This Wednesday we will be hearing from two of our principal investigators who are accepting students into their labs. This is an opportunity for those who have not committed to a lab to see what is out there. For those with established labs this is an opportunity to learn and ask questions.

The following week we will be resuming our regular grand rounds presentations. Students are assigned to present a NEJM case presentation which is slotted to take 30 minutes and a basic science article relating to the topic for 15 minutes. We will start promptly at 5 pm and end at 6 pm.

Sungsu, I am very sorry that you were not able to present your basic science article. The discussion that you sparked was very interesting and engaging and I thank you for that. Thank you for going with the flow...

As promised, this is a link to a new outpatient behavioral health program at Upstate. My daughter spoke at the ribbon cutting.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://cnycentral.com/news/local/upstate-opens-new-outpatient-program-for-teens-battling-mental-health-difficulties__;!!GobTDDpD7A!ZB6pOlDm7ckwn1hniLOy_HSTGTooE39Yg975yCouryMdkpNGRto9OZrEhyqWYeb4ureN$

Thank you all for your hard work.

Best wishes,
Amit