[mdphd] Announcements for the week

Tanner R. Thompson ThompTan at upstate.edu
Mon Oct 19 13:07:55 EDT 2020

All,

  *   Early reminder of online meeting for Grand Rounds this week. We will be hearing from Drs. Auerbach and Mollapour. The link is:

                https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://upstate.zoom.us/j/972679869?pwd=eDcwejQ0eFZ1b1RORHY1VmVwVTQ0Zz09__;!!GobTDDpD7A!aLeRAXB6iefG_NLAj8FeuZvqAGp5egG6J2ZFTBF9jOs0xGlV7JntmVXKIQoWoRnxlnKU$

  *   Today evaluations went to your clinical mentors and hopefully to you. An opportunity for feedback will be open after guest presenters on Wednesday and after Arnav the following week.

  *   We will be hosting virtual interviews for the 2021-2022 matriculating students on November 5th and December 3rd and need your help to make this a positive experience. I am needing current student help with a (2) 25 minute student life presentations from 11:00-12:00 PM as well as (2) 25 minute student panel discussions.

·         The student life presentation is our standard presentation about living in the area and establishing a sense of community. (2) co-presenters is ideal.

·         The student panel is more about Upstate education experience but as a panel it could take a different focus based upon applicants interest. For this (1) facilitator and (4-6) panelist is desired.

·         If you are able to participate, please complete the Google Form<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeBV1uFbpMkT8F5D1Gix5Yh0TOUmt8wV0U-EAPbVqNjQ_pj1g/viewform?usp=sf_link__;!!GobTDDpD7A!aLeRAXB6iefG_NLAj8FeuZvqAGp5egG6J2ZFTBF9jOs0xGlV7JntmVXKIQoWoXs5xI2m$ > by end of day Wednesday.

Interview Day schedule

Group A
Group B
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Welcome
11:00 – 11:30 AM
(1) 25-minute MD/PhD Interview
Student life presentation
11:30 – 12:00 PM
Student life presentation
(1) 25-minute MD/PhD interview
12:00 – 12:30 PM
Break
12:30 – 1:30 PM
Lab Visits (2) 25-minute lab visits based off top 6 preference provided
1:30 – 1:45 PM
Break
1:45 – 2:15 PM
Meet with MD/PhD Program Director
Current student panel
2:15 – 2:45 PM
Current student panel
Meet with MD/PhD Program Director
2:45 – 3:00 PM
Break
3:00 – 4:00 PM
(2) 25-minute COM interviews
Optional open discussion with Program Director
4:00 – 5:00 PM
Optional open discussion with Program Director
(2) 25-minute COM interviews
5:00 – 5:15 PM
Closing & Q & A
[signature_886224917]