[mdphd] clinical rotations for PhD year students

Amit S. Dhamoon DhamoonA at upstate.edu
Wed Aug 18 12:56:09 EDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

For the MD, PhD students in their PhD years you are required to do a four hour clinical experience every month. We ask that you provide the name of your mentor to Tanner so that he can create medhub evaluations for you and your preceptor. For those who have already been assigned mentors, please continue on for this semester. For those who are new to the PhD program please let me know if you would like me to set you up with a primary care physician as a clinical preceptor. I do want PhD students to examine different specialties of interest, but would also like to provide a primary care experience for everyone during their PhD years. This will allow you to maintain and develop your patient history taking skills, physical exam skills, and understanding of pathophysiology that will be essential for when you return to clinical work in your third year of medical school. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

Best wishes,
Amit