[mdphd] FW: Emergency Medicine PSTP - new opportunity

Andrea Rhea RheaA at upstate.edu
Tue Nov 22 09:10:22 EST 2022

Please see information in below message regarding an opportunity for PSTP in EM on behalf of Dr. Cyndari.

Best,
Andrea Rhea (she, her, hers)

Coordinator of Combined Programs and Special Initiatives
MD/PhD Program Coordinator
Postdoctoral Affairs Coordinator
PREP-Up and SURF Coordinator
College of Graduate Studies
Weiskotten Hall 3118
rheaa at upstate.edu<mailto:rheaa at upstate.edu>

In-office Monday - Thursday (PM), Telecommuting Thursday (AM) and Friday

Subject: [EXTERNAL] Emergency Medicine PSTP - new opportunity

Hello! My name is Karen Cyndari and I am in the Emergency Medicine PSTP track at the University of Iowa. I'm emailing you in hopes you might let your MD/PhD students know about the opportunity for PSTP in EM at the University of Iowa! This is especially important for your M3s and M4s, who are likely having a very hard time finding a PSTP or PSTP equivalent path in EM.  I'm happy to answer any questions students might have about my experience as the first resident in this track at UIowa.  Thank you very much for your time!

__________________________

The University of Iowa is recruiting for the Physician Scientist Training Pathway track in Emergency Medicine! Not only are we the only EM program in the state of Iowa (with all the high acuity and unique pathology that entails), but we are the most recent track to join a long-established and robust PSTP program. EM PSTP residents here are granted:

  *   4 months of electives (may be used for research and/or other interests)
  *   $4000 annual research/conference stipend
  *   Graduation at 3 years, guaranteed 1-2 research fellowship while practicing as an attending in a Level 1 ED
  *   Access to other fellowships in EMS, Ultrasound, Toxicology, Education, Social EM, and more

If you are interested in learning more, please contact EM PSTP Director Nick Mohr (nicholas-mohr at uiowa.edu<mailto:nicholas-mohr at uiowa.edu>) or visit our website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://medicine.uiowa.edu/emergencymedicine/education/physician-scientist-training-pathway-pstp__;!!GobTDDpD7A!IzUG1G_ZCCzkw9mqYe-sXDCJFJdPYf2sqbdC4dFQJI8fgng61zwgUEsCEgaTXkyX_XPIxkpoT66RDBSRrimLRA$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https*3A*2F*2Fmedicine.uiowa.edu*2Femergencymedicine*2Feducation*2Fphysician-scientist-training-pathway-pstp&data=05*7C01*7CSchimmenti.Lisa*40mayo.edu*7C803dab28567d4f1f4c2d08dac69793f4*7Ca25fff9c3f634fb29a8ad9bdd0321f9a*7C0*7C0*7C638040651595000801*7CUnknown*7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0*3D*7C3000*7C*7C*7C&sdata=BCsY*2BOYt1KuaWnUk2zHrTDIM8UjFhu6UWIRCssm*2F8uE*3D&reserved=0__;JSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUl!!GobTDDpD7A!MWf9Higgn0xiw1t6O33_2Hi3X2-G24JCYEMOcQt5XnxyCwfPPSPEPJX-It3UaUo7K1I8MKz6DhiXvDD-EHGmUEdt9Q$>

PSTP applicants may request a second look visit, with travel and hotel paid for by the Department of Emergency Medicine. We look forward to meeting you!

Karen Cyndari, MD, PhD
Fellow, Department of Emergency Medicine
Physician-Scientist Training Pathway
She/Her/Hers