[nursingnews] Nursing News

Nursing News List nursingnews at lists.upstate.edu
Fri Jul 21 08:32:15 EDT 2023

[cid:6bf52609-9a69-4e74-9343-b8f32b5b786b]
Save-the-Date for our Nursing Excellence Celebration:
October 25th, 2023 hosted at the Oncenter
Nursing Excellence Celebration Call for Nominations
Scan the QR code attached or click the link below for a list of awards open for nominations!
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=Zgr1XCZe3UGJ-IPPc__umAkfmVKb-b1KoP6ndgNptFNUQVRJWlpTUlVOOVc1V1BETUlaWU1CRTFEWi4u__;!!GobTDDpD7A!OZdlJz074aLHhXD30Uj9lINxDBClZYk2B-qhDN9PYeMEHa6Ayud6yKs31SzqJQZALvDsG_HsLuJm-pljGAeKQCi7Of-GJA$
The deadline for nomination will be 8/18/23.
Nancy Page Leadership Award

We are currently seeking nominations for the Nancy Page Nursing Leadership Award.  This award will be presented at the Nursing Excellence Celebration on October 25, 2023.

The Nancy Page Nursing Leadership Award recognizes a nurse who exhibits inspirational nursing leadership in the tradition of Nancy Page.  Whether in a formal role or by virtue of example, a leader lights the flame of those around them, encourages others to achieve their highest potential, enhances the enthusiasm and camaraderie of their teams, and embodies the spirit of nursing by improving the quality of care for our patients and the well-being of our staff.

To submit a nomination, please email a one-page letter of recommendation to Liz LaDuke at LaDukeE at upstate.edu<mailto:LaDukeE at upstate.edu> describing how the nominee exemplifies the above criteria.  The deadline to submit nominations is Friday, September 15, 2023.

Nursing Excellence T-shirt sale:
If you missed our in-person red star t-shirt sale (see photo attached) but would still like a shirt, please contact Jennifer Mix at mixj at upstate.edu<mailto:mixj at upstate.edu> Proceeds support the nursing recognition fund. Cash, card, apple pay or check made out to Nursing Recognition Fund #290 are accepted
Nursing Career Fair Opportunity:
The Nursing Recruitment team is seeking bedside nurses to join our recruiters at in-person career fairs. If you are passionate about nursing at Upstate and think you would be a great fit talking to nursing students, we want to hear from you! Email nrecruit at upstate.edu to learn more about this opportunity!
To submit announcements, publications, and events to be shared via nursing news please email NRSGNEWS at upstate.edu with a short 1-3 sentence description of what you'd like shared. Nursing news is sent the 1st and 3rd Friday of the month.