[nursingnews] Nurse's Week message from Medical Executive Committee

Nursing News List nursingnews at lists.upstate.edu
Wed May 10 15:46:16 EDT 2023

[alt_text]<https://www.upstate.edu/newsletters/mec/>
MEC Minute

>From Stephen Thomas, MD
Chair, Medical Executive Committee

Today's Minute
May 10, 2023

Team Upstate:

I am proud to launch the inaugural edition of the, "MEC Minute".

The Medical Executive Committee "Minute" will be a periodic post designed to inform, inspire, motivate, and instill pride in all members of our Upstate community. Best part, the content comes directly from our community, is designed to be accessed on your hand-held device, and should take you no longer than 1-2 minutes to read.

Please send your ideas for future postings to either Beth Erwin (erwine at upstate.edu<mailto:erwine at upstate.edu>) or to me (thomstep at upstate.edu<mailto:thomstep at upstate.edu>).

With all this in mind, I cannot think of a better first post than to recognize National Nurses Week. The Upstate Medical Staff and the entire organization cannot fully appreciate everything our nurses do for our patients, institution, and community, but we witness it day in and out and we appreciate you and your tireless efforts. You are the foundation of the care we provide to millions of New Yorkers and the education we deliver to the next generation of clinicians. I find that when there is too much say, say it simply - Thank you!

Thanks for reading,

Dr. Thomas

MEDICAL STAFF SERVICES<https://www.upstate.edu/medstaff/index.php>

WELLBEING & MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES<https://www.upstate.edu/wellness/index.php>

PAST MEC MINUTES<https://www.upstate.edu/newsletters/mec/index.php>

Medical Executive Committee Mission
To pursue excellence in patient safety and quality of care through the leadership, development, and support of our medical staff. Visit the MEC website<https://www.upstate.edu/medstaff/med-exec-comm.php>

Medical Staff Services
315-464-5733
medstaff at upstate.edu<mailto:medstaff at upstate.edu>

(c) SUNY Upstate Medical University<https://www.upstate.edu/>