[pert] PERT Procedure

Birendra Sah SahB at upstate.edu
Tue Mar 16 21:14:47 EDT 2021

Treatment of patients with severe hypotension due to PE will have to be done immediately and sometimes waiting for evaluation by PERT fellow may not be timely as that fellow might be busy with ICU procedures, managing crashing patients. MICU attending is not in house off hours. Primary team managing the high risk patients should be able to make decision of starting thrombolytic treatment.

Intermediate low risk patients sometimes can be managed on med/surg floor with telemetry .

Thanks
Birendra