[reg] Important Update on UHC Medicare Contract Expiration

Kaniesha Mason BarnettK at upstate.edu
Thu Oct 20 14:17:43 EDT 2022

Good Afternoon,

We've been receiving inquires related to the UHC Medicare contract that is effective through 12/31/2022. This only impacts the hospital services, not the MSG/Professional Billing services. Appointments can continue to be scheduled into 2023. The patients will receive another notice if the negotiations are not successful.

Here's some verbiage that can be used for patient inquires:

"We are aware your plan has sent these letters. We have a contract that is effective through 12/31/2022. We are actively negotiating with UHC in an effort to come to an agreement for a new contract. Should we be unsuccessful in this endeavor you will receive additional communication."

Thank you for your time,
Kaniesha