[util] Electric Power Interruptions / Saturday, August 21st / 5:00 AM - 7:00 AM Alternate Date: Sunday August 22, 2021

Mary E. Lent LentM at upstate.edu
Mon Aug 16 08:34:35 EDT 2021

In order to perform preventive maintenance on our Substation, one of our incoming National Grid feeders will be switched off line. We will be conducting switching to building feeds listed below between the hours of 5 am to 7 am. and again, later in the afternoon once work is complete. This will cause power losses from 1 to 60 seconds while we do switching. Emergency power circuits will see a loss similar to generator testing both in the morning and again in the afternoon. Not all areas are affected in the afternoon.

If switching can not occur Saturday afternoon we will conduct switching Sunday morning starting at 5:00 am.

***East Wing- Please use OR's 4,6,7,9, and 13 prior to switching and until an all clear is given in the morning.

MRI #1 and Emergency Department CT #2 will also be impacted and should be shut down during switching.

This is what you can expect to happen starting at 5:00 a.m. and again sometime in the afternoon once work is complete. Not all areas will be impacted in the afternoon.

UH, CWB, East Wing and East Tower; Will experience a loss of some of your normal power circuits for 1 to 60 seconds while we conduct switching. Emergency power circuits will see a loss similar to monthly generator testing. We will attempt to switch back in the afternoon once work is complete. If we cannot do to activities in the buildings we will do switching Sunday morning at 5:00 am.

Weiskotten Hall, and Setnor; Some of the normal power circuits will lose power for 1-10 seconds while we conduct switching in the morning. Emergency power will see a loss similar to monthly generator testing. You will see the same impacts in the afternoon when we switch back to normal operations.

Please turn down (low fan speed and warmer thermostat settings) all non-patient care/research window air conditioners and any other unnecessary administrative power users (computers, coffee pots, etc.) for the day.  This helps limit the amount of electrical loading that has to be switched and served by each building's alternate system.
Other buildings (Cancer Center, Setnor, Gama Knife, Silverman etc.) are not affected.

If you have any questions, please contact Aaron Petty, of Physical Plant, at 315-956-9056