[EXTERNAL] [unyoc-planning] Speaker!

Jean Jenkins jjenkins at ascension.org
Wed Feb 12 11:26:58 EST 2020

Hi Mary Jo,

Thanks for contacting potential speakers. That's great that Michelle Brewer
wants to come and talk about Seamless Access. Wellness is also a good topic
for librarians. But don't forget that Ben Hogben has already committed to
being a keynote speaker. He'll talk about change management. I believe
someone has already reached out to him with confirmation/contract. Can we
have three keynote speakers?

I like the theme. It has a ring to it.

Kind regards,
Jean

* Jean Jenkins *
Clinical Librarian/CME Coordinator
Medical Library
Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, Inc.
169 Riverside Drive | Binghamton, NY 13905

t: 607-798-5290 | f: 607-798-5989

<https://healthcare.ascension.org/Locations/New-York/NYBIN/Binghamton-Our-Lady-of-Lourdes-Memorial-Hospital>

*Visit the Library Portal
<https://lourdes.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://lourdes.tdnetdiscover.com/portal>
for all your information needs.*

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 11:08 AM VBMClibrary <vbmclibrary at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I took the liberty to contact two speakers and both said "yes" for 2020!
> Please forgive me if I overstepped, but both of them kinda fell into my
> world rather suddenly so I was bold and asked.  If we can confirm one of
> the already-suggested speakers as the keynote, these two could be one on
> Thursday afternoon and the other on Friday.
>
> 1. Michelle Brewer - topic: SeamlessAccess (formerly RA21).  She can
> present where we're at in the world of authentication.  She recently spoke
> to our solo chat group and answered many questions.  When I inquired if she
> would be interested in speaking she replied, "Yes, count me in!" (Thursday)
> 2. Dr. Susan Parisi, MD - topic: Wellness in the healthcare field.  Susan
> is board-certified in Ob/Gyn and is certified as a wellness coach.  She was
> in private practice but is now part of our Graduate Medical Education
> division as the wellness physician.  I think wellness in the healthcare
> field, and even in our library worlds, is a very timely topic. (Friday)
>
> If you all agree I will confirm with them and provide more details.
>
> As for a theme, how does this sound? "Thriving Along the Hudson:
> Strategies for Building a Successful Future".  Or something similar..⛵.
>
> P.S. - If there is interest, I might even be able to organize a tour of
> our new hospital, slated to open in September. It's amazing to watch such a
> huge construction project!
> Attached is a photo taken at 7 am this morning.
>
> Regards,
> Mary Jo
>
> Mary Jo Russell, MLS, AHIP
> Knowledge Resources Library & Archives
> Nuvance Health / Vassar Brothers Medical Center
> vbmclibrary at gmail.com
> Office: 845-437-3121

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any accompanying data or files is confidential and may contain privileged information intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that the dissemination, distribution, and or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender at the email address above, delete this email from your computer, and destroy any copies in any form immediately. Receipt by anyone other than the named recipient(s) is not a waiver of any attorney-client, work product, or other applicable privilege.